Thursday, December 22, 2005

My Tomatoes

I am growing six varieties of tomato plants. This is the first opportunity I have had to plant a garden in many years.

The other day I was checking my plants and found several tiny tomatoes beginning life on my vines. They were not much bigger than cherry pits. I was so excited! I dragged my husband out to the yard and tried to show him my new babies. He didn't see them. I pointed again. He still didn't see them. I tenderly put my hand under them, lifting them slightly from their leafy camouflage and he saw them. I said: "you're going to be a grandfather!" He said: "make a salad."

1 Comments:

Blogger HOHcat said...

Cute! Hmmm, I wonder where I can get plants for my garden. Or did you start these babies from seed? Let me know when they are ripe. I love salad and anything tomato!

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home