Saturday, January 17, 2009

Life Goes On - And It's Good

We sold the motor home in June of 2007. Lucky for us, it was before gasoline prices went through the roof and loans were tightened up. We got a good price. Being the thrifty little person that I am, I found ways to spend the proceeds of the RV on other travel

Being without an RV for the first time ever as a married couple was quite different, but we quickly learned to adapt to traveling like "normal" people. We took a 3 week cruise-tour to Australia and New Zealand with Royal Caribbean International Cruise Lines in October, 2007. It was fabulous! We had a perfectly awesome time and we met and kept the friendship of a delightful couple from the UK, John and Marlene. The best souvenirs are the people one meets on a journey.

During the early summer of 2008 we traveled to New Mexico and West Texas with friends we'd met during our RVing days . New Mexico was wonderful. We also rode the Chama and Toltec narrow gauge railroad. The scenery was edible and the trip was great, except for the constant kvetching of my husband, Barry. I'm used to it, but our dear, dear friends, who, thankfully, have not abandoned us over the experience, won't ever travel with us again. I don't blame them.

This past Fall I ambitiously planned a 7 week European tour. It began in London and Paris, had a river barge cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam in the middle and a Mediterranean cruise followed by a Trans-Atlantic cruise at the end. Unfortunately, Barry took ill on the Med cruise and we spent 5 horrid days in Palermo, Sicily where he was hospitalized, so we never made the trans-Atlantic trip. I did see all the ports on the Med cruise. Barry owes me Barcelona and if he thinks he's off the hook, he's wrong, wrong, wrong!

As I type this I am 2 1/2 years from cancer surgery which means I am half-way there to being cured. I currently have no evidence of disease but it takes 5 years to be considered "cured"

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya! Quick question that's entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My website looks weird when browsing from my apple iphone. I'm trying to
find a template or plugin that might be able to correct this issue.

If you have any recommendations, please share. Thank you!



my weblog http://puregarciniacambogias.com

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home