Friday, March 10, 2006

"What's In Your Mailbox?"

We’ve all seen the commercials for Capital One credit cards. They are, for the most part, quite original. Their sales methods, however, are not.

Somehow they got my name and address. For the past six weeks I’ve received at least one piece of junk mail inviting me to take out one of their cards per week. Some weeks I receive two. Today I called and asked that they remove me from their list. I was advised that it would take six to eight weeks to do so.

Six to eight weeks! What an outrage! I’m sure it took a second or two to find me and send me their unsolicited mail. I’m sure they’ve run a credit check on me. I’m sure they know more about me than my husband does. They could find all this out in a New York minute, but it will take close to two months to delete the information.

3 Comments:

Blogger judilyn said...

Do they send you self-addressed, postage prepaid-envelopes? You could return the envelopes with a letter requesting removal from their list, with an accompanying flurry of lap litter from other sources.

Virtual hugs,

Judie

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janet,Try going to the credit bureaus and opting out of preapproval.
Dave Kirker

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here in Cape Breton I "stuff" all their ad back into the return envelope and with a black marker "NO THANKS" accross the form. At least they pay for the garbage removal.
Ron
SKP 11387

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home