Sunday, January 08, 2006

Funny Stuff

It’s good to laugh. It’s even better to laugh at oneself. The other day I was folding laundry. I found one ankle-high sock and one regular sock at the bottom of the basket. My husband was sitting nearby when I complained about missing two socks. He assured me that somewhere I had an identical pair. I did! It had fallen on the floor next to the basket and I hadn’t seen it. I had two pair of socks where one was long and one was short?

We were stopped at a traffic light and I remarked that the gas station on our right was still $2.15 for regular. There was a lot of traffic on the street so we didn’t get far before being stopped at another light. I looked out of the car window and mentioned that this other station was also still $2.15. It was the same station. They had an island on each side of the convenience store in the center and signs on both sides of the property.

One of the actors in the play we are rehearsing for was with me in the prop room. We were looking for flower pots or something. He picked up a wooden cigar box and asked me if I thought there was anything in it. I suggested that he open it. He did. It was empty. I said: “close, but no cigar.” Groaners are funny, too.

Saturday we went dancing at the Ice House at Port of Brownsville. We were dancing to CCRs “Rolling on the River” and I jumped around and said: “I’m Tina Turner!” My husband looked at me and said: “you’re more like “Tiny Tuna”. I love this guy! He’s kept me laughing for twenty years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home