Sunday, January 22, 2006

Closing In On Showtime

Hello blog-fans. It’s been a while. We are so busy with rehearsals for the play that I haven’t had time to contribute anything here. We open on Friday night!

I have memorized my lines. I can do them correctly as long as nobody else messes up my cues. If it’s only a slight change, I can roll with it. If it’s a whole line skipped, I’m sunk. Hopefully I’ll get better this week.

I have decided to dedicate my performance to Valium. I will probably need some. My costume in the second act and the rest of the play is skimpy. I’m no “spring chicken” and skimpy is definitely not flattering. I’m being a good sport and wearing it because it’s important to the character and the play.

That said, I will weather the humiliation. My husband has been directed to tell everyone that it’s padded.

Monday night is “Press Night.” We will be photographed (I’m wearing the Act I costume, not the skimpy one) and interviewed. We are not allowed to say anything about the theater. I’m not sure I understand that. I wasn’t planning upon commenting about the theater. It’s a lovely little theater with good acoustics, so why would anyone criticize it?

Rehearsals have been going well. One of the cast has come down with a cold. I made her some chicken soup. I’m hoping it will cure her.

Tell us to “break a leg” and if you are reading this from the Rio Grande Valley, buy a ticket. We are close to being sold out for all 6 performances!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BREAK A LEG!

SMILE!
Rose

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home